HELPING THE MOST VULNERABLE
Center for support, success & prosperity
Our vision is to aide those in crisis, eliminate homelessness and empower individuals and families to a life of sustainability and self-improvement.
Our Mission Statement
To provide comprehensive holistic services that will assist individuals and families experiencing crises and or homelessness with their medical, social, spiritual, and emotional needs.
Since 1912, the Raritan Bay Area YMCA has been reaching out to those in need of shelter in Perth Amboy and the surrounding communities. Today, working together with God’s Army Ministries and other community agencies, the Center for Support, Success & Prosperity assists individuals and families to overcome homelessness. At the Y, we believe the desire to belong and help others is human nature, because everyone has something of value to contribute to the greater good. We serve as a catalyst for positive change in Perth Amboy, bringing people together and giving them opportunities to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others and their own lives.
At the Center for Support, Success & Prosperity we strive to:
- Increase relationships by building a sense of trust, connecting families and individuals to community resources, and navigation of complicated governmental service systems.
- Increase education, skill development, employment and benefit income of homeless families and individuals.
- To assist families and individuals with social emotional well-being by providing comprehensive services and counseling referrals as needed.
- To assist participants with seeking and obtaining permanent housing with the continuum of supportive services.
Together with and thanks to the generous support of our community, annually we had the opportunity to:
- Serve more than 1500 meals to homeless and underprivileged individuals
- Provide more than 50 shelter nights of care to homeless individuals and families
- Distribute clothing and hygiene products to more than 50 individuals and families in need
- Provide rental assistance and security deposits to 18 individuals
- Place 23 individuals into permanent housing
- Provide over 800 hours of Case Management in critical areas such as addiction services, legal assistance, medical services, domestic violence and much, much more.
The Center for Support, Success & Prosperity program and services wouldn't be possible without the support of contributions. If you would like to be PART of SOMETHING BIGGER...
“Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have.” -Margaret Mead
For more information please contact the Center for Support, Success & Prosperity.